Heather's Blog

Thursday, January 26, 2006

Happy...and Sad


I'm back in India after a whirlwind 3 week trip to the States. I swear my head is still spinning. Salim and I flew from Hyderabad, to Singapore, to LA, to SF to Chicago to Indy then drove to Evansville in the first three days, if that tells anything about the pace of the trip.

I spent two glorious weeks with my family and played with my new nephew Simon. I will try not to gush, but man, is that boy handsome and smart. I will post a few of the hundreds of photos I took of him on his own blog if you want to see him. Seriously, he is the happiest full-head-of-hair, two-teeth-having kid I have ever seen. And he has eyelashes that would compete with a dragqueen's. I'm so jealous. Check them out here.I had to say goodbye way too soon to him and the rest of my family so that I could head back to SF to attend a conference.

I flew in on a Sunday, and my friend Elizabeth flew in the next morning for a visit. Salim's parents where there already so it was a full house! I had to split my time between all the company and the conference, so I'm not sure I did any one group the justice it deserved. I must say though, that I have never felt so loved in my life. Thank you to all of you that squealed when you saw me and remembered my name. I have been MIA for so long that I was certain I wouldn't be remembered.

It was amazing to be back in SF, our apartment, and our neighborhood. We found out while were in India that the landlord was trying to evict us. There was a hearing and we are very lucky because while we have to pay a little more rent, we still have a home. The prospect of being homeless definitely helps you appreciate what you have.

I was so great to see everyone and eat thai food. It makes it very hard to be back here in India, especially since Salim is still in SF. The team that I work with definitely help, though. They truly are amazing people, and this is an amazing experience. A few thousand people asked me when I will be back to stay, and I just don't know. It's hard to be so torn between two totally different places. I love my job and the opportunities I have here, but I feel like my life is on hold. I am so lucky to have all that I have. Let's end on that before I get too sappy. I miss you all already...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home